Part-time work in Christchurch for Unite Union
February 24, 2016 Leave a comment
Unite has a vacancy for an Organiser in the Canterbury region. This is part-time permanent position starting at 20 hours per week.
The position will be based in Christchurch. The successful applicant will primarily be recruiting and organising workers in the Fast
Food, Cinema and Hotel sectors, although they may also be involved in organising other sectors that Unite represents from time to time.
We are looking for people with:
- A strong commitment to working people and the union movement.
- An ability to improve the quality of Unite members’ working lives.
- The skills to develop and support members and delegates in dealing with issues impacting on their working lives.
- The ability to directly recruit new union members and support delegate recruitment on worksites.
- Negotiation skills are an advantage, however, training will be provided.
- Excellent communication, advocacy and leadership skills.
- Good computer and social media skills.
- An ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
- A current full driver’s licence.
- The ability to regularly travel to the main centres in the South Island.
There are a number of options available for work transport, including reimbursement for the use of a personal vehicle, financial assistance to purchase a suitable vehicle and provision of union vehicle.
Terms and conditions are offered in accordance with the Unite Staff Collective Employment Agreement.
Please apply in writing, including a CV and contact details for up to three referees.
Applications and requests for more information can be sent to:
Phone 021 02940345
Fax: 09 846 9509
PO Box 7175, Wellesley St, Auckland 1141
Applications close 5pm on Monday 7th March 2016